Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dreams


Last week I had a very pleasant dream. A man who looked vaguely like Jake Gyllenhaal fell head over heels in love with me. I found this interesting because I had never really thought that I was attracted to Jake Gyllenhaal at all. I tell you I woke up feeling all warm and fuzzy. It was great.

Here’s the weird part: Thomas woke up and said to me “you’ve got a lot of explaining to do lady”. I was confused. “What are you talking about?” “Oh YOU know what you did.” Ummmmm. “I do?”

“You know what you did, you dream cheated on me!” What the hell? Was I talking out loud in my sleep or something? Apparently not. Apparently Thomas had a dream that I cheated on him exactly at the same time I was dreaming that good ole’ Jake was groovin on me. DAMN. My subconscious can’t even get things right. I sorta tried to wiggle out of it. “Well I had a romance dream about you but you looked a little different. You sort of looked a bit like Jake Gyllenhaal.” Well that was certainly a lame attempt and did not fly with Thomas.

On a totally unrelated issue: sorry I’m feeling inept with the segway’s right now! Chloe is still getting up at 4:30 am every day. It’s been two weeks since we started the whole “keeping her up later plan”. Thank goodness we are taking turns but seriously things are getting dire. Any advice would be appreciated except from my smart ass ex-door neighbour who always tells me to drug her which I would happily do if it weren’t ILLEGAL!

Last week our super-nanny and I were discussing movies. She has hundreds of DVD’s. She asked if there were any I wanted to borrow and I happily replied, “Sure that would be great. Ummm do you have any with ummm Jake Gyllenhaal? Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.”

No comments: