Thursday, July 3, 2008

Shake and Bake.

Okay this is going to be fast because I've gotta get moving.


So the weekend: Cottage with relatives (fun ones) Charlie with a tummy bug, he was sick 8 times. Sophie not concerned with napping, went to bed early and would wake SUPER FLIPPING EARLY. Woo. Yesterday Van cost 900 bucks to get fixed. Now lets just move on and forget all that shall we?



So I was off to shake and bake today (my light treatments at the hospital) if you don't know what I'm talking about then scroll down a couple of entries. So yes, back to the nakedness in front of strangers. The nurses now think I should cover my face and neck because I am all clear down to my legs now. "So" I asked, "how do we do that?" Oh you just put a pillowcase over your head. Excuse me? I wanted to know if I had to wear the stupid cataract goggles under the pillow and they said yes. So into the machine I went, naked except for my goggles and pillowcase. Now remember I have to grab the handles over my head in this tiny florescent lit telephone booth thing. So the nurse had to help me FIND the handles because I have a pillowcase over my head. "Oh Jesus, Mary and Joseph!" I exclaimed. The nurse just giggled and said yes it sort of looked like I was a member of the KKK. What. "KKK nothing" I said,"this is totally Abu Ghraib!"



Well the nurses were killing themselves laughing when she told the story and I yelled out, "I CAN HEAR YOU!" They were at the nurses station around the corner. So at first I was okay. Kinda hot under the pillowcase with the damn goggles but then things started to change. Oh god how long was this going to take. I started sweating and worrying and thinking - what if I pass out here in my little booth all naked and masked up? I started to breathe deeply and say to myself that it was only 3 and a half minutes. These things that happen to me.



Happily I can say that I am fine now. I have graduated from the program and my skin is totally clear. As I passed the nurses station today I said, "thank you for being so nice to me. It's not easy to be naked in front of people all of the time!"

So that's one less thing off my plate and I love plate clearing. Speaking of plate clearing I am bracing my self for the "Great Purge of 2008". And no I'm not referring to a religious revolution of some sort. Basically I need to get rid of toy pieces, my clothes that are five miles way too big etc. I'm sort of worried about the clothes because what if I need them in the future. Alan soothed my fears by telling me that even if I would wear them again they would be out of style hence I would need new stuff. I think I'll go with that plan!! I am going to be merciless - join me in the purging revolution my friends. Let us sally forth and make it so. Then we can flop on the couch for a glass of wine to congratulate ourselves.

No comments: