Thursday, October 22, 2009

Contemplating my belly button.

I was emailing a friend that blogging is a strange medium in that it lends itself to one mainly talking about themselves. You can't very well go on about your best friends problems or your husbands stuff because that is their personal stuff, their story. I feel that blogging is sort of a selfish pursuit. I'm thinking this through.

Once a friend asked "Why do you feel you have to present everything as a story?"

Because if I tell the story, I control the version.
Because if I tell the story, I can make you laugh, and I would much rather have you laugh at me than feel sorry for me.
Because if I tell the story, it doesn't hurt as much.
Because if I tell the story, I can get on with it.

Maybe I just need to get on with it.

No comments: