Monday, March 3, 2008

War Declared in Richmond Gardens


Just a quick update. I’m working on a longer entry but have been very busy. I know this is a running theme but dear god my daughter was up at 4:22 am and there was no way she was going back down. Every morning I hear the thud, thud, thud of her little feet running across her bedroom. Then she starts banging on the door yelling, MAMA! MAMA! MUMMMMMEEEEE! MOM! She does it with this tone of urgency that roughly translates into, “For the love of God people I am stuck here in the room of death and must be released immediately! I MUST. NOW!”

If I try to calm her and lie down with her she starts screaming, “NO.NO.NO” much like Amy Winehouse. If I bring her into our bed she sits up immediately and starts smacking us about the head.

As you can see things are now dire. The gauntlet has been thrown and I am picking it up. I am declaring all out war against the early riser. Here’s the plan: My son and I will sleep downstairs so as not to be disturbed by the screaming that will occur tomorrow morning. Thomas will go into her room every ten minutes and lay her down and immediately leave the room. This will go on every ten minutes until 6 am. It’s gonna be ugly people. There will be crying, there will be incredible amounts of snot and tears involved. It’s been two years and it is doing us in.

If anyone has suggestions please feel free to let me know as this is quite the pits. Good thing she is so damn cute. That’s the rub.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Things are dire indeed. And your plan sounds like the best idea. Obviously it will not be a one morning situation, but stand firm and remember...war is hell...don't be like the french and surrender.