Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day from the Third Reich.


Hi everyone,
I received a lovely card from Charlie for Mother's day and it was covered with the usual stick on things kids get to decorate with. Now look very closely at the blue thing in the middle. Do you see what I see? Oh yes it's the good old mother's day swastika. I kid you not. Now I am aware that the swastika was a symbol that existed before the Nazi party and they adopted it. In fact I know of an airforce base in the U.S. that has a dormitory in the shape of a swastika but this dorm was built pre- world war II. But still, please, the swastika has been accepted as a symbol of the Nazi party. I have no idea how on god's green earth this darn symbol showed up in a bag of kids decorative things. I'm sure it was made in China or something but please, who does not know this is the Nazi symbol? Who doesn't know that they were big fat meanies, wait, that's putting it mildly, they were the most evil modern day regime known to man. You know what? Sometimes I think I am a very naive person in that I am constantly shocked by the actions of others and this is just another one. Ein Prosit folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holy crap...that is about all can say...I am equally as stunned...